The 1,500 ft pier opened in 1869. In 1875 a gale removed 300 ft, further damage by ships and demolition by the Department of the Environment has resulted in a current length of 681 ft.
The Cliff Lift links the pier to the town above was built in 1894 and remains the worlds oldest water-balanced cliff railway.
Digital Print (Archival)
Size 420mm x 297mm
Post & Packing £5.00